Friday, April 3, 2009

Complaints

It really sucks that Kenny will always be a part of my children's lives. Our perspectives on parenting are so different (obviously, my view is the best). I wonder if our children will grow up with great internal conflicts because of the different expectations in the 2 houses in which they live.
Some women complain that their ex-husbands have no involvement with their children; I would totally welcome that. I have a man in my life who had no time or interest for his children while he was married to me but insists upon having them 50% of the time in divorce. My poor children will be shuttled around and served junk food, rescued by a swooping helicopter, and sent off to day care and summer camp for half of their minor lives. I need to have faith in the fact that my kids will APPRECIATE being held accountable for their actions, time spent with family and other people, and a quiet pace of life more than they will be dazzled by the (broken) promises of Disney Land, summer camp, Hawaii, junk food, LOUD NOISES, candy, do whatever the fuck you want and still get candy life they will live with Dad. One day they will appreciate the values I have taught them; but when they're 5 and 7, of course they want the amusement park that Daddy gives them.
Be strong, Samm, and do what you know to be best.

No comments: